PDA

View Full Version : Re: Can I use ATA186 with dialup connection???

spice
June 24th 03, 12:59 AM
"SniperSquad" > wrote in message >...
> Hi, I am just wonder am I able to use ATA186 with dialup connection??

check out www.aislecom.com for VOIP gateway similar to ATA but uses
both dialup and broadband. ACOM160 comes with a builtin modem.

Dave

Mike Sussman
June 28th 03, 04:15 PM
The bandwidth required is a bit high for ATA. The only other device that
works on dialup is only available with their service and that is the DTA
from Packet 8.

"SniperSquad" > wrote in message
> Hi, I am just wonder am I able to use ATA186 with dialup connection??

Isaac
June 23rd 04, 08:33 PM
SniperSquad wrote:

> Hi, I am just wonder am I able to use ATA186 with dialup connection??

If you can connect to a sip gateway that supports g.729 you "might" be
to able to.

IAM

June 24th 04, 07:08 AM
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:33:25 -0500, Isaac >
wrote:

>SniperSquad wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am just wonder am I able to use ATA186 with dialup connection??
>>

>If you can connect to a sip gateway that supports g.729 you "might" be
>to able to.
>
>IAM

Or did you mean connecting a modem to the ATA? I've have very poor
sucess with getting modems to work over an ATA. It was a hardware
issue with the L1 versions of the ATAs that caused poor fax and zilch
modem performance.

-Chris

Google