PDA

View Full Version : Gateway H.323 software

Molz
July 2nd 03, 12:14 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to have a gateway H.323 completly software?
I don't want to buy an hardware card.

If it is possible were can I find one?

Thanks a lot

shido
July 2nd 03, 03:12 PM
Asterisk

http://www.asterisk.org

-Greg

"Molz" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a gateway H.323 completly software?
> I don't want to buy an hardware card.
>
> If it is possible were can I find one?
>
> Thanks a lot

Molz
July 3rd 03, 08:41 AM
Thanks

Molz
July 3rd 03, 02:38 PM
I've visited the web site.
The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".

Thanks, bye

Neil Smith
July 3rd 03, 07:34 PM
Ohh - you mean you want a H323 *Gatekeeper* O well , try

www.dialupaudio.com

for a netmeeting gatekeeper 'Dual Gatekeeper', that ought to keep you
busy. Cheers - Neil Smith

On 3 Jul 2003 05:38:10 -0700, (Molz) wrote:

>I've visited the web site.
>The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
>I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
>set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
>outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".
>
>Thanks, bye

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.

Jeremy McNamara
July 3rd 03, 09:02 PM
Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

Jeremy McNamara

Molz wrote:
> I've visited the web site.
> The software doesn't lokk like what I want (but I can be in wrong).
> I need a sofware that makes from H.323 gateway, for example I want to
> set netmeeting in all the PC of my network to use that gateway to make
> outgoing call. If it is impossible please tell me "It's impossible!".
>
> Thanks, bye

Peter
July 3rd 03, 11:00 PM
> Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.

But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

Molz
July 4th 03, 10:10 AM
"Peter" > wrote in message >...
> > Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.
>
> But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

No it isn't.
However I'm looking for a gateway. Maybe I'm in wrong but I think that
a gateway is the one who make outgoing and recive incoming call on the
PTSN,instead a gatekeeper manage the network in which it work and make
possible to make a connection with an other pc (or gateway)in the
network.
So a gatekeeper isn't what I'm looking for.
If I'm in wrong please help me.

Bye

Neil Smith
July 5th 03, 12:10 AM
Then try www.openh323.org for windows and Linux H323 gatekeepers.

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:00:37 -0600, "Peter" >
wrote:

>> Asterisk can certainly do everything you want to do and more.
>
>But it's not a H323 gatekeeper. Right?

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.

Peter
July 7th 03, 08:52 PM
> It can become a gatekeeper with the proper motivation.

You mean like someone writing additional code for chan_h323?

Peter

Jeremy McNamara
July 8th 03, 01:41 AM
Yes, that someone is me, I wrote chan_h323.

Jeremy McNamara

Peter wrote:
>>It can become a gatekeeper with the proper motivation.
>

> You mean like someone writing additional code for chan_h323?
>
> Peter

Jeremy McNamara
July 9th 03, 01:27 AM
gnugk has many issues... the biggest being half implemented or not
properly implemented features. The next being the different directions
the developers seem to want to go with it. Gatekeepers are supposed to
gatekeep, not cook dinner. (ie feature creep)

openh323gk has stalled, the last i knew.

opengk is not even close to being usable in a service providing environment.

So, I wrote my own, which ~could~ get integrated into chan_h323, but
time is money and its not going to be a trivial task.

(No my gatekeeper is not public, at this point)

Jeremy McNamara

Peter wrote:
> I know. I _do_ read READMEs after initial attempt at compiling fails ;)
>
> Quite frankly I don't think gk is a neccessity for chan_h323. There are many
> open-source gatekeepers out there, people who can compile & install
> chan_h323 certainly are able to download& install gnugk or similar.
>

>>Yes, that someone is me, I wrote chan_h323.

>>>You mean like someone writing additional code for chan_h323?

Google