PDA

View Full Version : 3COM NBX pcXset over VPN

bostonGuy
July 9th 03, 06:12 PM
Hi,
I am trying to use 3COM pcXset over a broadband vpn connection. I
don't use any NAT or firewall on client machine to test it. pcXset
does get extension from the NBX 100 system. I can dial using pcXset
but voice never goes through. We are using WatchGuard firewall at the
office.

Can it be a firewall issue ? or NCP needs a physical ip address to
connect to the phone network.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

RC
July 14th 03, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to remember what I learned about the pxXset, but by default the
NBX is a Voice-over-Ethernet system, not VoIP. Did you buy the IP (Internet)
Option? Regardless you will have to configure you firewall.
"bostonGuy" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi,
> I am trying to use 3COM pcXset over a broadband vpn connection. I
> don't use any NAT or firewall on client machine to test it. pcXset
> does get extension from the NBX 100 system. I can dial using pcXset
> but voice never goes through. We are using WatchGuard firewall at the
> office.
>
> Can it be a firewall issue ? or NCP needs a physical ip address to
> connect to the phone network.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks

bostonGuy
July 16th 03, 04:25 PM
Yeah,

You are right. We didn't have IP-On-Fly licence. It turned out to be
quite expensive solution. Because our company will have to buy
IP-On-Fly license, pcXset individual license and maybe TAPIWave
licence.

Basically we are looking for two different itegrations with the 3COM
phone system.

1- Click to talk functionality from our website
2- Remote SoftPhone access to the 3COM NBX system.

I am currently researching using NetMeeting with H.323 Gateway but
netmeeting voice quality isn't that great :(

I also looked into CrystalVoice ISS server and it turned out to be
very expensive. Are you aware of any other products which will provide
above funcionality ?

Thanks so much for responding to the message earlier :)

Regards

Google