PDA

View Full Version : Cisco 2600 & Asterisk

Ron Crash
July 18th 03, 04:39 PM
I have a Cisco 2621 w/ a Voice Module. I have a FXO card in it connected to
my POTS line. What do I need to do to get my Cisco to pick up the call and
transfer it to my Asterisk box? I don't have an FXO card for the Asterisk
box yet or I would have it manage the call. This is all experimentation.

Any help or syntax command would help. Thanks

SPD
July 18th 03, 10:25 PM
Ron:

If the 2621 is speaking SIP then you need to define an instance
of the sip user agent (sip-ua command) with the sip-server
pointed at the address of your asterisk box. You would then
want to define the appropriate dial peers for inbound and outbound
calling. The "inbound" dial peer should identify the "target" for the
call as the keyword "sip-server".

I don't has a real config handy so I hope this helps.

-Steve

Ron Crash wrote:

>I have a Cisco 2621 w/ a Voice Module. I have a FXO card in it connected to
>my POTS line. What do I need to do to get my Cisco to pick up the call and
>transfer it to my Asterisk box? I don't have an FXO card for the Asterisk
>box yet or I would have it manage the call. This is all experimentation.
>
>Any help or syntax command would help. Thanks

Ron Crash
July 18th 03, 11:30 PM
The Cisco will do SIP. I have an FXS card in it now and I can get the Cisco
to pick up the POTS line when dialed and direct it to a FXS port (ring,
ring) my extension. But I just don't know the correct syntax or commands to
point the Cisco to transfer an incoming call to Asterisk. I'm almost there
:)

"Jeremy McNamara" > wrote in message

> Ron Crash wrote:
> > I have a Cisco 2621 w/ a Voice Module. I have a FXO card in it
connected to
> > my POTS line. What do I need to do to get my Cisco to pick up the call
and
> > transfer it to my Asterisk box? I don't have an FXO card for the
Asterisk
> > box yet or I would have it manage the call. This is all
experimentation.

> > Any help or syntax command would help. Thanks
>

> I don't know specifics about configuring Cisco VoIP, but if u can make
> your 2621 talk SIP, it is just as simple as creating a entry in the
sip.conf

> If the 2621 can only do H.323, then u have to compile the Open H.323
> Project which takes quite some time and is generally a big headache.
> See asterisk/channels/h323/README for details on getting H.323 working
> in Asterisk.
>
> http://www.nufone.net/downloads is a good spot to get known good copies
> of the Open H.323 and PWLib source trees.
>
> If you have any trouble or if u want a X100P contact me directly,
>

> Jeremy McNamara

Ron Crash
July 23rd 03, 10:49 PM
I haven't figured it out yet as my card keeps setting itself off hook. Must
get a CVS update I guess. Could you give me config samples for the Cisco?
and Asterisk?

"Jeremy McNamara" > wrote in message

> Ron Crash wrote:
> > I have a Cisco 2621 w/ a Voice Module. I have a FXO card in it
connected to
> > my POTS line. What do I need to do to get my Cisco to pick up the call
and
> > transfer it to my Asterisk box? I don't have an FXO card for the
Asterisk
> > box yet or I would have it manage the call. This is all
experimentation.

> > Any help or syntax command would help. Thanks
>

> I don't know specifics about configuring Cisco VoIP, but if u can make
> your 2621 talk SIP, it is just as simple as creating a entry in the
sip.conf

> If the 2621 can only do H.323, then u have to compile the Open H.323
> Project which takes quite some time and is generally a big headache.
> See asterisk/channels/h323/README for details on getting H.323 working
> in Asterisk.
>
> http://www.nufone.net/downloads is a good spot to get known good copies
> of the Open H.323 and PWLib source trees.
>
> If you have any trouble or if u want a X100P contact me directly,
>

> Jeremy McNamara

Google