PDA

View Full Version : Asterisk Step By Step for beginners?? Anyone knows about it?

hello_r
August 10th 03, 11:27 AM
Greetings everyone...

Finally I have decided to get started on Asterisk project. I got a
redhat 7.1 linux/w2k dual boot working with linux residing on a
seperate hard disk (10GB)
I am not very familier with Linux stuff yet. I was wondering if there
is some literature out there (website/books etc) on Asterisk
installation that could help me. I looked around for help on
Asterisk.org but couldn't get to the right link. The handbook project
details more about the Asterisk and I need to get more information on
istallation (including hardware) before I get into configuration.
Also, based on your experience, please suggest a cheapest way to get
Asterisk working (minimum hardware and place to get it). I saw the
X100p and other cards on digium.com. Is there a way to go cheaper?

Thanks a bunch.

Kyler Laird
August 11th 03, 02:18 AM
(hello_r) writes:

>I was wondering if there
>is some literature out there (website/books etc) on Asterisk
>installation that could help me. I looked around for help on
>Asterisk.org but couldn't get to the right link. The handbook project
>details more about the Asterisk and I need to get more information on
>istallation (including hardware) before I get into configuration.

Indeed. I just installed the development kit I bought from Digium.
After switching back to a 2.4 kernel, I was able to compile and
install (with minor hitches) everything from CVS. When I modprobe-d
the devices, they appeared to install just fine.

After that, I'm lost. I just want to set up the "mythical 1x1 PBX".
(Hmmm...a "mythical" system sold by the primary sponsor...)

There's support included. I'm planning on trying it on Monday. For
now, I just feel like an idiot.

--kyler

Google