PDA

View Full Version : Re: Newbie question.... IP to IP phone question.

Jørgen Gilberg
August 12th 03, 09:59 AM
Thanks, I have already seen that offer! Is it good?

What does this mean: IP-PBX feature telephone

Regards

Jorgen

"Julien PELISSIER" > skrev i en meddelelse
> hi ;)
>
> Have a look here ...it seems good product ..
>
> http://www.sipphone.com/tiki-index.php?page=Order%20Now
>
> Julien ;)
>
> "Jørgen Gilberg" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> > I am living in Denmark and my brother is living in the northern part of
> > Norway. I wounder if we can buy two IP telephones and just start talking
> > eachother without have the computer turned on?
> >
> > A guy told me last year that this is not possible because I need call
> > management software or a third party server such as Net2Phone..
> >
> > If yes, what model should I buy?
> >
> > Do anyone know this telephone?
> > IP Phones (VoxPhone)
> >
> > Arrayvox IP Phones, VoxPhones, are next generation
intelligent

http://shopping.netledger.com/app/site/site.nl/site.ACCT124190/mode.items/sc.2/category.5/.f

> > What does it mean that it have "IP-PBX" feature telephone
> >
> > I will be very glad for answers!
> > Best regard
> > Jorgen
> > jorgen at domain gilberg dot org

August 12th 03, 04:27 PM
Hi Jørgen,

The cheapest and easiest solution is joining Free World Dialup.

Get 2 Cisco ATA 186 analog telephone adapters, one for you one for
your brother. You can order them online from several stores.

Go to http://www.fwdnet.net/ and sign up for the service, it is free.
You will find the instructions how to configure your boxes and you can
place your free phone calls to eachother.

Happy IP phoning,
John

SPD
August 12th 03, 10:19 PM
Dear Jorgen:

Call management software will provide features which are nice
to have but such software is not required nor do you have to
sign up for a service. The service, whether free or not, is just
making the service easier to use.

If all you want is to call your brother and no one else, from a
specific phone, over an IP connection then two IP phones
will work without any other components. The challenge is
how to address your brother when dialing. This is where a
service makes dialing easier.

If you setup an IP phone with the userid "phone1" at node
myphone.myISP.com and your brother sets up an IP phone
with the userid "phone2" at node hisphone.hisISP.com then
you can call him by entering .

The problem is that entering these characters on a telephone
keypad gets really tiring really fast. If the phone has a programmable
directory or speed dial key then enter your brother's address
into that key and one have one touch dialing. Your brother should
do the same.

If you want any other features then I'd suggest you look for a
service. Someone else mentioned FWD. That is a good choice.

-Steve

Jørgen Gilberg wrote:

>I am living in Denmark and my brother is living in the northern part of
>Norway. I wounder if we can buy two IP telephones and just start talking to
>eachother without have the computer turned on?
>
>A guy told me last year that this is not possible because I need call
>management software or a third party server such as Net2Phone..
>
>If yes, what model should I buy?
>
>Do anyone know this telephone?
> IP Phones (VoxPhone)
>
> Arrayvox IP Phones, VoxPhones, are next generation intelligent
>communication devices designed as extremely affordable IP-PBX feature
>telephone with LCD display for business applications.
>

> (Not Pictured)
> HP300-2LD-SW
>
> IP-Phone with Multi Protocol Support
> 10/100Base-TX port * 2
> 2*16 Character LCD Panel
> Phone book, 10 Function
> 10 Speed Dial key
> Price: $189.00
>

>http://shopping.netledger.com/app/site/site.nl/site.ACCT124190/mode.items/sc.2/category.5/.f
>
>What does it mean that it have "IP-PBX" feature telephone
>
>I will be very glad for answers!
>Best regard
>Jorgen
>jorgen at domain gilberg dot org