PDA

View Full Version : IP phones with handsfree intercom(/selective autoanswer)?

Kyler Laird
August 14th 03, 02:19 AM
I'm hoping to replace my current cheapo AT&T phones (at home) with some
IP phones. My wife and I frequently use the paging feature of these
phones. I can hit a couple of buttons and just start talking with her.
She doesn't have to touch the phone.

This feature was requested in the Asterisk-Users mailing list.
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-February/007791.html
There was only one phone (Pingtel) mentioned that can selectively auto-
answer calls. Is this feature really so rare?

Anyone know of someone selling Pingtel phones with Asterisk support?

Thank you.

--kyler

Peter C
August 29th 03, 03:56 AM
Kyler,

Take a look at these phones http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index3.htm.
They have hands free option and allow you to also hotline two units together
so that you dont even have to dial a number to reach you wife you just
choose the line 1. You dont need asterisk to make them work .. just a
broadband connection and they will work on a point to point basis.

"Kyler Laird" > wrote in message
> I'm hoping to replace my current cheapo AT&T phones (at home) with some
> IP phones. My wife and I frequently use the paging feature of these
> phones. I can hit a couple of buttons and just start talking with her.
> She doesn't have to touch the phone.
>
> This feature was requested in the Asterisk-Users mailing list.
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-February/007791.html
> There was only one phone (Pingtel) mentioned that can selectively auto-
> answer calls. Is this feature really so rare?
>
> Anyone know of someone selling Pingtel phones with Asterisk support?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --kyler

Google