PDA

View Full Version : 7905 (h.323) without cisco CM but with GK

Alberto
October 14th 03, 05:50 PM
I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
possible?

shido
October 15th 03, 11:04 PM
You may want to look into using Asterisk for your application.
http://www.asterisk.org

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network

519-251-8225 x 3000
IM:

"Alberto" > wrote in message
om...
> I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> possible?

Arnold Ligtvoet
October 15th 03, 11:23 PM
Alberto wrote:
> I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> possible?
AFAIK the Cisco phones will only work with Cisco equipment and not
'standard' H.323 gateways. If you don't want to use Callmanager have a
look at ITS, it is an extension to IOS on Cisco gateways and their
phones are able to connect to it.

Arnold

shido
October 16th 03, 08:21 PM
We have all of our Cisco Phones using Asterisk but we have them using SIP or
skinny.

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network

519-251-8225 x 3000
IM:

"Arnold Ligtvoet" > wrote in message
> Alberto wrote:
> > I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> > without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> > possible?
> AFAIK the Cisco phones will only work with Cisco equipment and not
> 'standard' H.323 gateways. If you don't want to use Callmanager have a
> look at ITS, it is an extension to IOS on Cisco gateways and their
> phones are able to connect to it.
>
> Arnold

Alberto
October 17th 03, 11:59 AM
"shido" > wrote in message >...
> We have all of our Cisco Phones using Asterisk but we have them using SIP or
> skinny.
>
> --
> Greg Merriweather
> The NuFone Network
>
> 519-251-8225 x 3000
> IM:
>

> "Arnold Ligtvoet" > wrote in message
> > Alberto wrote:
> > > I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> > > without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> > > possible?
> > AFAIK the Cisco phones will only work with Cisco equipment and not
> > 'standard' H.323 gateways. If you don't want to use Callmanager have a
> > look at ITS, it is an extension to IOS on Cisco gateways and their
> > phones are able to connect to it.
> >
> > Arnold

Thanks to all.

Google