PDA

View Full Version : Avaya 46phone doesn't work with GnuGK/OpenGK?

Yehavi Bourvine
October 19th 03, 05:28 PM
Hello,

I have 2 Avaya IPphones (4602 & 4620) and I am trying to make them work with
OpenGK or GnuGK and fail with both.

From a sniffer I see that the phone does GateKeeperRequest, gets confirm,
then RegistrationRequest and gets confirm, and then it tries to send
AdmissionRequest with its number as the source but no destination (this is
before I even touch the phone).

Anyone has an idea what happens? Anyone has a sample 46settings.scr file?

Thanks! __Yehavi:

frank
September 20th 05, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I have found this article via google - my question to you
(I know You have written this oktober 2003), if you read this -
Have you found a solution for this problem ?

I wanted also to operate a 4602 with a computer as Server
and for the h225 registration I also used opengk.

On the attachment you can see a screenshot from to ethereal sessions.
The left one was with a comupter and ethereal and the right one was with
a destiny G3i cabinet from avaya.

4620 will work in h323 mode with the cabinet but the 4602 not, therefore
I'va tried it with the computer and opengk.

When you convert the 4602 to sip-mode you can use it with various sip
server software but this I do not want - I want to operate it in h323 mode.

Thanks for a hint.

When you still need help with the 46settings.scr file, you can edit it
with a text editor (it's no screensaver) an look at the pdf docoments
from avaya.

Frank

Hello,

I have 2 Avaya IPphones (4602 & 4620) and I am trying to make them work with
OpenGK or GnuGK and fail with both.

From a sniffer I see that the phone does GateKeeperRequest, gets confirm,
then RegistrationRequest and gets confirm, and then it tries to send
AdmissionRequest with its number as the source but no destination (this is
before I even touch the phone).

Anyone has an idea what happens? Anyone has a sample 46settings.scr file?

Thanks! __Yehavi:

Paul
September 20th 05, 10:07 PM
Asterisk does H323 with a simple add-on.
I don't see what's wrong with SIP though..
EVERYONE uses it at least once in their life.

"frank" > wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I have found this article via google - my question to you
> (I know You have written this oktober 2003), if you read this -
> Have you found a solution for this problem ?
>
> I wanted also to operate a 4602 with a computer as Server
> and for the h225 registration I also used opengk.
>
> On the attachment you can see a screenshot from to ethereal sessions.
> The left one was with a comupter and ethereal and the right one was
> with
> a destiny G3i cabinet from avaya.
>
> 4620 will work in h323 mode with the cabinet but the 4602 not,
> therefore
> I'va tried it with the computer and opengk.
>
> When you convert the 4602 to sip-mode you can use it with various sip
> server software but this I do not want - I want to operate it in h323
> mode.
>
> Thanks for a hint.
>

> When you still need help with the 46settings.scr file, you can edit it
> with a text editor (it's no screensaver) an look at the pdf docoments
> from avaya.
>

> Frank
>
> Yehavi Bourvine Wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have 2 Avaya IPphones (4602 & 4620) and I am trying to make them work
> > with
> > OpenGK or GnuGK and fail with both.
> >
> > From a sniffer I see that the phone does GateKeeperRequest, gets
> > confirm,
> > then RegistrationRequest and gets confirm, and then it tries to send
> > AdmissionRequest with its number as the source but no destination (this
> > is
> > before I even touch the phone).
> >
> > Anyone has an idea what happens? Anyone has a sample 46settings.scr
> > file?
> >
> > Thanks! __Yehavi:

> |Filename: Ethereal_mesearement.png |
> |Download: http://www.broadbandbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30|