get DSL with verizon for something like $35/mo (doesn't sound bad). I
do have a few questions (and had a b*tch of a time getting answers
while i don't use thier service) since i am a DSL/broadband newbie

#1 with this service, does a regular phone line come with it? Or does
that cost extra?

#2 I have heard that it isn't that fast, any people in the area that
could verify how good/bad it is?

#3 Does anyone know if one can get a cell phone deal with a DSL
program?

Any help or a point in the right direction (the web pages with this
info probably exist, i just couldn't find it) would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers

-Gaiko

David H. Lipman
July 12th 03, 11:34 PM
GK:

Replies are in-line.

"Gaikokujin Kyofusho" > wrote in message
om...
| Hi, just moved to the Boston burbs (Waltham) and found that one can
| get DSL with verizon for something like $35/mo (doesn't sound bad). I
| do have a few questions (and had a b*tch of a time getting answers
| while i don't use thier service) since i am a DSL/broadband newbie
|
| #1 with this service, does a regular phone line come with it? Or does
| that cost extra?

You need a phone line, no doubts about it it does not come with nor included in
the DSL service.

| #2 I have heard that it isn't that fast, any people in the area that
| could verify how good/bad it is?

I'm very happy to get 1500/128 but you need to be within 12,000 feet of the
Verizon CO. Otherwise you get 768/128.

| #3 Does anyone know if one can get a cell phone deal with a DSL
| program?

NO...
They do have como packages like Veriations.

Dave -- A highly satisfied Verizon Online (VoL) ADSL subscriber

John Doe
July 13th 03, 09:03 PM
DSLReports.com

4dtvman
July 29th 03, 10:01 PM
"David H. Lipman" > wrote in message >...
> GK:
>
> Replies are in-line.
>
> "Gaikokujin Kyofusho" > wrote in message
> om...
> | Hi, just moved to the Boston burbs (Waltham) and found that one can
> | get DSL with verizon for something like $35/mo (doesn't sound bad). I
> | do have a few questions (and had a b*tch of a time getting answers
> | while i don't use thier service) since i am a DSL/broadband newbie
> |
> | #1 with this service, does a regular phone line come with it? Or does
> | that cost extra?
>
> You need a phone line, no doubts about it it does not come with nor included in
> the DSL service.
>
> | #2 I have heard that it isn't that fast, any people in the area that
> | could verify how good/bad it is?
>

> I'm very happy to get 1500/128 but you need to be within 12,000 feet of the
> Verizon CO. Otherwise you get 768/128.
>

> | #3 Does anyone know if one can get a cell phone deal with a DSL
> | program?
>
> NO...
> They do have como packages like Veriations.

The only combo deal that I am aware of them offering with DSL is their
Freedom Package in which you much purchase local and long distance
from them. If you do, you get $5 off your monthly DSL subsciption
(bringing it down to $29.95 a month).

Google