PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Extension Cable

Nick Le Lievre
July 14th 03, 11:39 PM
Hi;

I want to run a telephone extension cable across my flat from the master
socket using standard telephone extension cable (3 wire I think) then use a
splitter on the end to seperate the ADSL & telephone.

Can I use standard extension cable or does the cable need to be CAT5 - am I
thinking correctly ?

John Navas
July 14th 03, 11:51 PM
[POSTED TO comp.dcom.xdsl - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In > on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:39:09
+0100, "Nick Le Lievre" > wrote:

>I want to run a telephone extension cable across my flat from the master
>socket using standard telephone extension cable (3 wire I think) then use a
>splitter on the end to seperate the ADSL & telephone.
>
>Can I use standard extension cable or does the cable need to be CAT5 - am I
>thinking correctly ?

You should use twisted pair, not flat cable. CAT2 is sufficient.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

David H. Lipman
July 14th 03, 11:54 PM
Sure, either, choose whatever you'd like. Save money and use telephone wire
ext. cable.

Dave

Google