PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed - Whole House Splitter For DSL

Chuck Croll
July 18th 03, 01:51 AM
I am having a home telephone installer setup a home run from the NID
to my computer - about 30 feet give or take a few inches. I am
requesting a dedicated DSL outlet, and a new voice outlet.

Can anyone recommend a moderately priced whole house splitter, to be
installed at the NID?

TIA for advice.

Chuck Croll

I hate spam - Please get rid of the spam if you want to email me!!
Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/

Jeff Liebermann
July 18th 03, 02:52 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:51:03 GMT, Chuck Croll >
wrote:

>I am having a home telephone installer setup a home run from the NID
>to my computer - about 30 feet give or take a few inches. I am
>requesting a dedicated DSL outlet, and a new voice outlet.
>
>Can anyone recommend a moderately priced whole house splitter, to be
>installed at the NID?

Instructions for installing Siecor/Corning splitter:
http://www.smellyeyeball.com/dsl/index.html

Ebay has a few, here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3422956027

Don't forget the modem and router.

#
# 831.421.6491 digital_pager AE6KS

Some One
July 18th 03, 03:57 AM
Chuck Croll > wrote in
:

> I am having a home telephone installer setup a home run from the NID
> to my computer - about 30 feet give or take a few inches. I am
> requesting a dedicated DSL outlet, and a new voice outlet.
>
> Can anyone recommend a moderately priced whole house splitter, to be
> installed at the NID?
>
> TIA for advice.
>
> Chuck Croll
>
> I hate spam - Please get rid of the spam if you want to email me!!
> Trusted Computing? Right! http://www.againsttcpa.com/

I have a simular setup. All I did was take one of the splitters that came
in the self install kit and connected it right after the NID. The only
thing that doesn't go through that splitter is the DSL line.

John R Pierce
July 18th 03, 07:10 AM
On 17 Jul 2003 20:57:14 -0500, Some One > wrote:

>I have a simular setup. All I did was take one of the splitters that came
>in the self install kit and connected it right after the NID. The only
>thing that doesn't go through that splitter is the DSL line.

those minifilters aren't as high quality as a dedicated splitter.
probably adequate for most installs, but...

Google