PDA

View Full Version : Alltel DSL in Northern Ohio

Paul
August 5th 03, 02:38 PM
Anyone using Alltel DSL in Northern Ohio? What do you think of the
performance and reliability? Is their technical support helful?

Any other suggestions for good DSL providers in this area?

Thanks.

zaj
August 6th 03, 05:18 AM
Used it since just after rollout, almost three years.
Reliability - solid
Performance - as advertised.
Haven't needed tech support since install, except for checking on
occassional outage - no complaints

Paul wrote:
> Anyone using Alltel DSL in Northern Ohio? What do you think of the
> performance and reliability? Is their technical support helful?
>
> Any other suggestions for good DSL providers in this area?
>
> Thanks.

Gary Gapinski
August 7th 03, 04:09 PM
zaj wrote:
> Used it since just after rollout, almost three years.
> Reliability - solid
> Performance - as advertised.
> Haven't needed tech support since install, except for checking on
> occassional outage - no complaints

Ditto to the above (CLSTOHXARS1 central office, apk.net ISP). Alltel is
cutrrently offering a $39.95 package with a one-year commitment in that
area.

Paul
September 7th 03, 01:59 PM
Called Alltel. They said I can obtain DSL and I need to first place an
order for DSL and then they will test the line to assure
compatibility. I requested to have them test the line first, then if
it works, I'll order DSL.

After waiting for almost 3 weeks, and calling them every 3-5 days,
Alltel finally told me DSL wouldn't work on my phone line. Alltel
never once called me. They didn't have any further explanation other
than the test showed it wouldn't work.

So that's my story with Alltel and DSL. Another poor showing by
Alltel.

(Paul) wrote in message >...
> Thanks for the info guys. I'm likely to go ahead with Alltel DSL Lite,
> which also has a pricing promo. I'm still waiting for Alltel to give
> me a confirmation of my line qualifying for DSL. Based on distance
> alone, I should qualify, but they need to test the line first.
>
> Gary Gapinski > wrote in message >...
> > zaj wrote:
> > > Used it since just after rollout, almost three years.
> > > Reliability - solid
> > > Performance - as advertised.
> > > Haven't needed tech support since install, except for checking on
> > > occassional outage - no complaints
> >
> > Ditto to the above (CLSTOHXARS1 central office, apk.net ISP). Alltel is
> > cutrrently offering a $39.95 package with a one-year commitment in that
> > area.

Google