PDA

View Full Version : Re: DSL Reports Speed Tests down for days ?

Art Jackson
August 5th 03, 11:39 PM
'nuther Bob > wrote in
:

> I've been trying to run the DSL Reports speed tests for a couple
> of days but the free servers are down. I'm not sure how long they've
> been down (?).
>
> Are there other speed test servers around ? I need to test a couple
of
> systems.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

I use this one most of the time. dslreports has never given me an
accurate result. This one agrees closely with my actual online rate.
http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/index.html

--
Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA
Life is God's open book test. In order to pass,

Joe Laureano
August 7th 03, 08:16 AM
"'nuther Bob" > wrote in
message =20
> I've been trying to run the DSL Reports speed tests for a couple
> of days but the free servers are down. I'm not sure how long they've
> been down (?).
>
> Are there other speed test servers around ? I need to test a couple of
> systems.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

I regularly use the Speakeasy POP's for my speed tests.=20
( http://XXX.speakeasy.net/
replace XXX with one of the following values:
SEA - For the Seattle POP
SFO - For the San Francisco POP
LAX - For the Los Angeles POP
DEN - For the Denver POP
CHI - For the Chicago POP
DFW - For the Dallas POP
BOS - For the Boston POP
NYC - For the New York POP
PHL - For the Philadelphia POP
ATL - For the Atlanta POP
WDC - For the Washington, DC POP)

--=20

Just my $.03 worth....
(It used to be $.02, but the cost of EVERYTHING is higher now!!!)

Change the obvious in the address if replying .
(JoeLaureano(AT)Prodigy(DOT)Net )

Tom C.
August 7th 03, 11:07 PM
Ya know - I think it was bandwidthplace.com that was showing a survey prior
to the results being revealed that was asking if you'd pay for their test.
I wonder if dslreports is going to start making us pay for thier tests.

"'nuther Bob" > wrote in message
> I've been trying to run the DSL Reports speed tests for a couple
> of days but the free servers are down. I'm not sure how long they've
> been down (?).
>
> Are there other speed test servers around ? I need to test a couple of
> systems.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Tom C.
August 8th 03, 04:46 AM
I respond with a big fat NO to their survey as well. Just doesn't make
sense to pay for something like that when there are plenty of other places
online to do a speed test.

"'nuther Bob" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:07:54 -0700, "Tom C." >
> wrote:
>
> >Ya know - I think it was bandwidthplace.com that was showing a survey
prior
> >to the results being revealed that was asking if you'd pay for their
test.
> >I wonder if dslreports is going to start making us pay for thier tests.
> >

> Survey is still there, I said "no" :-). DSLreports is still down.
>
> Bob

Sparky
August 8th 03, 05:56 PM
Listing of dozens of speed test sites:

http://www.testmyspeed.com/

"'nuther Bob" > wrote in message
> I've been trying to run the DSL Reports speed tests for a couple
> of days but the free servers are down. I'm not sure how long they've
> been down (?).
>
> Are there other speed test servers around ? I need to test a couple of
> systems.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Google