PDA

View Full Version : Qwest Actiontec 1520 Wireless Ready Router/Modem

Aaron Atkinson
August 22nd 03, 12:11 AM
I have Qwest DSL and use the ever annoying Actiontec Modem. It
frequently disconnets and I have to power-cycle the thing to get it to
work. When I call Qwest the techs have no idea why this happens, and
suggest power cycling the modem as well.

Anybody got a better idea than power cycling?

rocker2002
August 23rd 03, 06:12 AM
are you on their latest code 69? my friend had the same problem but this
version fixed it for some reason.

"Aaron Atkinson" > wrote in message
m...
> I have Qwest DSL and use the ever annoying Actiontec Modem. It
> frequently disconnets and I have to power-cycle the thing to get it to
> work. When I call Qwest the techs have no idea why this happens, and
> suggest power cycling the modem as well.
>
> Anybody got a better idea than power cycling?

Mark
August 24th 03, 05:49 AM
An extremely wild stab. I had a friend who had this happen, but only
in the afternoon on hot days. Apparently they had cooling problems
with the neighborhood box. It would overheat and drop DSL
connections.

Google