PDA

View Full Version : Trying to access hosted web sites on local LAN but only get ActionTec config page

S Wolf
August 27th 03, 12:21 AM
I've recently been 'upgraded' to a new ActionTec modem from my Cisco
675 by Qwest.

I have it configured correctly but the problem I'm having now is, I
host some sites for friends off of my linux server and when I attempt
to access them (from inside my local lan) all I can see is the
ActionTec modem configuration page.

If I access those same sites from outside of my local lan, like from
work or the library I can see all my hosted domains with no problems.

Since I managed them from inside my lan I would like to be able to get
to this domains.

I think the ActionTec sees the packets originate from my IP and never
make it ouside my ISP's LAN the ActionTec so it believes the request
is local.

Is there anyway to turn off the web configuration for the ActionTec?
Or somehow bypass that stupid page?

My only other option is to set up some virtual servers in Apache to
resolve to the correct directory when the request is made to the local
linux servers IP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you Qwest for making this so much easier.

Tinker
August 28th 03, 04:23 AM
On 26 Aug 2003 15:21:27 -0700, (S Wolf) wrote:

>I've recently been 'upgraded' to a new ActionTec modem from my Cisco
>675 by Qwest.
>
>I have it configured correctly but the problem I'm having now is, I
>host some sites for friends off of my linux server and when I attempt
>to access them (from inside my local lan) all I can see is the
>ActionTec modem configuration page.
>
>If I access those same sites from outside of my local lan, like from
>work or the library I can see all my hosted domains with no problems.
>
>Since I managed them from inside my lan I would like to be able to get
>to this domains.
>
>I think the ActionTec sees the packets originate from my IP and never
>make it ouside my ISP's LAN the ActionTec so it believes the request
>is local.
>
>Is there anyway to turn off the web configuration for the ActionTec?
>Or somehow bypass that stupid page?
>
>My only other option is to set up some virtual servers in Apache to
>resolve to the correct directory when the request is made to the local
>linux servers IP.

Set up the hosts file in your computer to point toward your linux host (by
internal IP) when you try to connect to the hosted webs.

Google