PDA

View Full Version : CopperRocket 201 SDSL Repair

Bob Sorrells
September 1st 03, 03:55 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know an individual or company that repairs CopperRocket 201 SDSL
modems? I've got quite a few that are defective because of power outages.

My email is (without the NO SPAM).

Thanks,
Bob

Earl Camembert
September 2nd 03, 02:29 AM
On 1 Sep 2003 06:55:54 -0700, (Bob Sorrells)
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know an individual or company that repairs CopperRocket 201 SDSL
>modems? I've got quite a few that are defective because of power outages.
>
>My email is (without the NO SPAM).
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

Electronic components today are made to throw away. It is cheaper to
make new then repair. The only electronic components that are repaired
are test equipment that cost thousands of dollars new.

No one repairs telephones any more just get new. The Western Electric
telephones could be repaired but they would cost five hundred dollars
to build today.

Robert Sorrells
September 3rd 03, 05:19 AM
I agree... however, these older models turn out to have far better reach
than the newer models, and our regional ISP has 100's of them.

Marquese Davis
September 20th 03, 09:41 PM
Bob,

I work for a Dsl provider that uses the CopperRocket every one that has
gone bad on he has been the EC power supply. After replacing the AC adaptor
the CPE seemed to be fine. So before trashing them try a new power supply.

"Bob Sorrells" > wrote in message
m...
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know an individual or company that repairs CopperRocket 201
SDSL
> modems? I've got quite a few that are defective because of power
outages.

> My email is (without the NO SPAM).
>
> Thanks,
> Bob