PDA

View Full Version : Routing Table Question...

J.S.
September 19th 03, 03:10 AM
I have a linksys router...

This is what my routing table is telling me...

Can someone explain to me what this means. please and thanks!

Destination LAN IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Hop Count Interface
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 64.230.46.xx 1 WAN
160.141.22.208 0.0.0.0 75.0.0.0 0 LAN
121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN
121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN
121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN

J.S.

John D Loop
September 21st 03, 01:02 AM
The first line 0.0.0.0 and 0.0.0.0 means your default route, which is then
given as either your IP if you are ppp,
or a gateway at the other end if not. This is 64.230.46.X - I am guessing
you stuck the xx in there.
The other addresses seem to be other networks on the same LAN as your own.
I am guessing 121.4.0.0 is your LAN.
strange LAN.....
Is this a routing table from a router?
The 160.141.22.208 0.0.0.0 is a os specific route, which means to get to
this host, go to 75.0.0.0.
THis doesn't make much sense. It should be a host on the local network -
121.4.0.0.
Strange routing table I must admit..
Check my web site for tips on homenetworking and safe computing
www.pccitizen.com

"J.S." > wrote in message
om...
> I have a linksys router...
>
> This is what my routing table is telling me...
>
> Can someone explain to me what this means. please and thanks!
>
> Destination LAN IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Hop Count Interface
> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 64.230.46.xx 1 WAN
> 160.141.22.208 0.0.0.0 75.0.0.0 0 LAN
> 121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN
> 121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN
> 121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN
>

> J.S.

Richard
October 1st 03, 03:15 PM
I am also getting a similar thing happening on my router. I'll reset
it, and about a day later I get a routing table full of of junk
routes, including the 160.141.22.208 route. This has the strange
impact of preventing me browsing a couple of websites (that have
completely different IPs). The websites are always the same, and all
the usual sites like google and yahoo work just fine.
The other thing I have noticed is that just before these strange
routes appear, my laptop disconnects from the wireless connection and
cannot reconnect until I reset the nic (Linkysys Wireless B WPC11).
It's most bizarre.

"John D Loop" > wrote in message >...
> The first line 0.0.0.0 and 0.0.0.0 means your default route, which is then
> given as either your IP if you are ppp,
> or a gateway at the other end if not. This is 64.230.46.X - I am guessing
> you stuck the xx in there.
> The other addresses seem to be other networks on the same LAN as your own.
> I am guessing 121.4.0.0 is your LAN.
> strange LAN.....
> Is this a routing table from a router?
> The 160.141.22.208 0.0.0.0 is a os specific route, which means to get to
> this host, go to 75.0.0.0.
> THis doesn't make much sense. It should be a host on the local network -
> 121.4.0.0.
> Strange routing table I must admit..
> --
> Check my web site for tips on homenetworking and safe computing
> www.pccitizen.com
>
> "J.S." > wrote in message
> om...
> > I have a linksys router...
> >
> > This is what my routing table is telling me...
> >
> > Can someone explain to me what this means. please and thanks!
> >
> > Destination LAN IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Hop Count Interface
> > 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 64.230.46.xx 1 WAN
> > 160.141.22.208 0.0.0.0 75.0.0.0 0 LAN
> > 121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN
> > 121.4.0.0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 LAN