Tiscali & Netgear Router Config

Old July 19th 05, 10:28 PM
Don

Default Tiscali & Netgear Router Config

I will be getting a Netgear DG834 later tonight. Please does anyone know
how I should configure the Router. PPOE or PPOA and so on......

I have not got a clue. Please could someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Old July 19th 05, 10:42 PM
Peter Henderson

Just follow the instructions to run the setup wizard and it will detect the
settings. All you need to supply are the login and password.

Peter

Old July 19th 05, 11:07 PM
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:28:28 +0100, "Don" wrote:

I will be getting a Netgear DG834 later tonight. Please does anyone know
how I should configure the Router. PPOE or PPOA and so on......

PPPoA usually, 0,38 come into it somewhere :-)

I have not got a clue. Please could someone point me in the right
direction?

www.adslguide.org.uk

look at the reviews section for screenshots

Phil

Old July 19th 05, 11:09 PM
Honest John

"Don" wrote in message
I will be getting a Netgear DG834 later tonight. Please does anyone know
how I should configure the Router. PPOE or PPOA and so on......

I have not got a clue. Please could someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Under the 'Basic Settings' menu option:

Does your internet connection require a log on = YES

Encapsulation = PPPoA (PPP over ATM)

Login = enter your default tiscali email address here
Password = Your Tiscali password

Idle Timeout = 0 (zero)

Internet IP Address = Get Dynamically

Use these domain servers
Primary 212.74.112.66
Secondary 212.74.112.67

NAT = Enable

Under 'ADSL Settings'

VC based
VPI = 0 (zero)
VCI = 38

That should get you connected to Tiscali.

Regards
John

Old July 20th 05, 07:22 PM
Don

"Don" wrote in message
I will be getting a Netgear DG834 later tonight. Please does anyone know
how I should configure the Router. PPOE or PPOA and so on......

I have not got a clue. Please could someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Many thanks to all who responded. I can't think what I was worried about.
The router very nearly configures itself.

Don