Sky router password generator

Old December 29th 08, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

Default Sky router password generator

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?
--
Martin

Old December 29th 08, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gamma Eridon

On Dec 29, 7:20*pm, Martin @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?
--
Martin

Look on the sticker on the bottom of the router.

HTH.

--

MESSAGE ENDS
Old December 30th 08, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:27:28 -0800 (PST), Gamma Eridon
wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:20*pm, Martin @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Look on the sticker on the bottom of the router.

The sticker has
SSID:
NETWORK KEY:
CHANNEL:

Which is the LAN MAC address?
--
Martin

Old December 30th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:20 pm, Martin @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Look on the sticker on the bottom of the router.

The sticker has
SSID:
NETWORK KEY:
CHANNEL:

Which is the LAN MAC address?

Is it a Netgear? Open your internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 into
where you type URLs. Assuming you haven't changed it, enter 'admin' for
the username and password. You'll get a status screen, scroll down to
the 'LAN Port' section and the MAC address is there.

Sorry, can't help if it's not the Netgear router...
Old December 30th 08, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Martin @nohere.net formulated the question :
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Are you trying to simply log in to the web interface or obtain the adsl
username & password?

If the latter, and you have a DG834GT, this
http://www.asininemonkey.com/netgear-dg834gt-hacking.html worked well
for me - scroll down to URL Injection

Old December 30th 08, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre[_2_]

wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:20 pm, Martin @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Look on the sticker on the bottom of the router.

The sticker has
SSID:
NETWORK KEY:
CHANNEL:

Which is the LAN MAC address?

None of 'em. You don't need the MAC to connect to either your or another
router however. What do you think you need it for exactly?
Old December 31st 08, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:20 pm, Martin ¿¬ @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Look on the sticker on the bottom of the router.

The sticker has
SSID:
NETWORK KEY:
CHANNEL:

Which is the LAN MAC address?

None of 'em. You don't need the MAC to connect to either your or another
router however. What do you think you need it for exactly?

Clue: he is trying to get the router password.
Clue: he is using a password generator

The MAC address is one of the inputs to the password generator...I
guess. (and it is, I checked...)
--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old December 31st 08, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Rea[_2_]

Martin @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Start - Run

Type cmd and hit enter.

A black box should come up.

Type arp -a

This gives a list of MAC addresses one of which should be your
router.

Trevor
Old December 31st 08, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

"Trevor Rea" wrote in message
Martin @nohere.net wrote:
https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

I was trying to get my sky router password to use another router
What is my LAN MAC address: and Default WPA network key?

Have you got into the router config area?
The sky routers used to have "admin" as user and "sky" as password.
or it could have been "sky" "sky" as user and password I have killed
so many brain cells this Christmas so its not clear.

If you do get into the router you can save/backup your current
router settings to somewhere like desktop then open the file with
notepad and filter out your user name & password from the text.
this could be done with the netgear DG834 but I am not sure about
the newer versions.

Old December 31st 08, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

Thank you for all your replies
The router is a Sagem
I was thinking of using another router instead as the wireless
coverage is not great
--
Martin